Tuesday 23 August 2011

Sailing Home Cupcakes


London is my home.  But so is Guernsey in the Channel Islands... The downside of living in a great city like London is that I miss my family and friends terribly.. So these cakes are inspired by that feeling of longing I get whenever I look at the Thames.. The feeling I wish I could just jump in a boat and sail home.

The cakes are made of my favourite things, vanilla sponge, blueberry centre and strawberry icing..




I have always been obsessed with origami, I think it's cause whenever I am bored there is always paper around and as I can't draw, I fold.. This paper was part of the inspiration for the cakes, only I loved some of the designs so much I couldn't fold them.. so they are now stuck on my bedroom wall...



1 comment:

  1. I have to say these look rather incredible - and the little origami ships are made with such wonderful paper!

    ReplyDelete