Sunday 18 September 2011

It doesn't matter if you're black AND white!

..especially when you are a pair of shoes.


I recently fell head over heals in love with a pair of shoes.  Well in fact, it was with pretty much everything that Burberry has produced for this season.  As I roamed the streets of London all I could think about was how I could raise the £395 to buy the shoes, I walked into Topman filled with the same dread I have every time I walk into the store, but was somewhat distracted by the various customer eyeing over my outfit for a second when I thought they were selling the very shoes I had been dreaming of.. as I got closer I realised they weren't Burberry but pretty damn close..


10 minutes later


..I walked out with the shoes.  I can't describe how happy I am to have them (even if every now and again they whisper "we're not Burberry") especially as they seem to be trending in S/S 2012 collections.  I'm not great with advertising, in that if I see an advert for Lemonade I can't rest until until I've downed a bottle or two, and so as I slowly became surrounded with black and white on the street, I would most likely come to resent the lack on monochromatic style in my other pairs of shoes.  But that's not gonna happen.. and so here we are the inspiration for my next cakes..








Above; My Shoes, Burberry, DKNY SS12, Y-3 SS12.

No comments:

Post a Comment