Monday 7 November 2011

That 70's Cookbook

I once had a Cadbury’s Chocolate Cookbook, and although I had made very few of the recipes, each one tasted amazing, then one day the book went missing.  Gutted.

So last Christmas my mum hoping to replace the book with the same or an updated version ordered a Cadbury book online, but what arrived was a million times better than could have been expected.  This version of the Cadbury’s Chocolate Cookbook was first published in 1978 and is so deliciously retro it’s impossible to describe, so I will just leave some of my favourite images for you to pleasurably peruse.

I am yet to try any of the recipes but I feel November is the month.  Piping was clearly very big in the 70’s and I really can't wait any longer to whip out my nozzle for a Paradise Ring.  The names are almost as good as the cakes themselves; I especially like...


 Intriguing Peppermint Cake, Shaggy Dog Cake, Krackolates, Ginger Shorties, Frosted Malted Bars and the Snowy Chocolate Ring.

I HAVE to make the Intriguing Peppermint Cake, to be quite honest; I’m intrigued!





No comments:

Post a Comment