Wednesday 19 October 2011

Death by Chocolate Orange


Have I told you lately that I love…HALLOWEEN?!?!?

And who could love it more than the dentist?  Hundred of children gorging themselves on sweet will do wonders, I imagine, to boost business.  On Halloween night, one snack sized Milky Way just isn’t enough, and the importance of flavour combinations goes out the window, Haribo Tangfastics are munched up in mouths still coated with Mars bars and sprinkling the inside of a Snickers bar with Nerds seem like an everyday thing to do.

So for these cakes we have, vanilla sponge with a raspberry centre, cream cheese icing, topped with a slice of Terry’s Chocolate Orange...not forgetting the all important dousing of red food colouring blood, when using this much food colouring it is also a good idea to mix it with flavouring first to mask any taste the colouring might have (or just use a fruit compote like I wish I’d done).

My experiments, Pasta Girl and Tree Boy, were both impressed, and if it’s good enough for them, I am certain it will be good enough for the little brats come OCTOBER 31st!!






 Halloween Cupcakes 

No comments:

Post a Comment